Thursday 21 June 2012

Teixits Vicens

I was lucky enough to have the chance to visit Teixits Vicens, when I was in Mallorca with my family last week.  Teixits Vicens is a family-run textiles business which uses traditional methods passed on from generation to generation to produce Mallorcan fabrics, known locally as Robes de Llengues (which translates as "Cloth of Tongues"). These typically Mallorcan patterns are very similar in style to Ikat - and they are said to be based on the shape of the waves in the sea.

Teixits Vicens use their own fabric to create beautiful table-cloths, napkins, curtains, cushion covers as well as for upholstery.  Their range of fabrics and products are available to buy through their shop in Pollenca or online.

Many thanks to Teixits Vicens for taking the time to show me around their workshop as well as their showroom.  As you can see, I got rather snap happy!

Colourful cones that caught my eye

  


Just some of Teixets Vicens patterns

A selection of vividly-coloured table-cloths and napkins









Robes de Llengues or "Cloth of Tongues"


Teixits Vicens




  



No comments:

Post a Comment